Cross Country Movers Near Me
Cross country movers near me is a unique service for anyone moving. Whether you’re looking for a local mover or planning on a long-distance move, Cross Country Movers can help.
Reliable Moving Companies
Much like popular airfare and travel websites, Cross Country Movers is a service that will scan through hundreds of different moving companies to offer you a fantastic rate. All of the moving companies in the network have been vetted for reliability and all the participating members are licensed insured, and able to handle both local and long-distance, state-to-state moving services.
How It Works
To get a great quote on moving costs, simply fill out the Free Moving Estimate form. The system will then search through our hundreds of moving company members to give you a great quote. All of our estimates are completely free to you and come with absolutely no obligation to use the service in question.
By using our comprehensive database, we can save you up to 50% on your move by comparing quotes through us.
Moving is a fact of life in these modern days but packing up all of your worldly belongings and transporting them to a new home does not have to be stressful. With our comprehensive service, you can save up to 40% on your move by comparing quotes from hundreds of local and nationwide moving companies.
To make moving less stressful, we offer the following tips:
- Get Organized – Early! – Unless you’re truly in a hurry, the best time to plan and organize your move is as soon as you know it’s going to happen. We recommend starting 30 to 60 days beforehand to write up a plan to make sure everything is done in an organized and stress-free manner.
- Moving Day – Of course your belongings will be packed up and boxed but don’t leave choosing a moving company until the last minute. Use our Free Move Estimate service to choose a company with the best rates at least a week before moving day.
- Communicate With Your Movers – After you’ve found the right moving company for you, make sure that you stay in contact with them to let them know what to expect on moving day. Special delivery instructions, overweight items, and fragile items all require unique handling so always keep your moving company in the loop.
- Estimate Your Moving Needs – It can be hard to guess how much space will be required for all your items. The rule of thumb is that one studio apartment’s worth of items can fit in a 16-foot cube truck. A household with 2-3 bedrooms will require a full-size 24-26′ truck to move in just one load.
- Packing Tips – The best way to pack up your home is to complete one entire room at a time. Be sure to label every box and package and denote any fragile items.
- First Night Survival Kit – Another great idea is to pack up a suitcase or couple of boxes with everything you’ll need for the first day and night in your new home. Be sure to include toiletries, snacks, water, a flashlight, baby supplies, matches, light bulbs, a change of clothes, your phone charger(s), medication, and pet food.
- Garage Sale – Moving house is a great time to weed out old items that you no longer need. You can either donate these unneeded items to charity or hold a garage sale to raise a few bucks towards the cost of moving.
Don’t forget to shop around using our simple Free Moving Estimate form to find the very best rates on a local mover near you!